6.28.2005
Photo Editing

I spent today taking pictures of people shaking hands with people. Basically today's the army promotion ceremony for officers and warrent officers. This was held at OCS main auditorium. OCS was the place that i resided in for 10 months of my life, training to be an officer. And to be back there, i must say there's a certain sense of nostalgia. Here is a pic of the place..

Anywayz, today was a day of screw-ups and miscomms before that. My equipment was with Johan, who borrowed the stuff for a shoot that he did over the weekend. I initially asked him to charge my batts for my flash ( coz i knew there aint anymore juice left in it) . HE, thinking that i was referring to "If you use my flash, make sure you charge the batts before passing it back". So obviously it wasn't charged when i took it back. That is a small prob as i can get my AAs at the gift shop in the camp. Nice Nicky went to borrow a camera for me ( as i initially asked to borrow his 350D as a back up cam) - the 20D's lens is pretty screwed up, so i wasn't ready to risk taking pics with the crappy lens that may get jammed as and when. . And since the 350D was lent to Diana to UK, Nicky went to borrow a 1DS for me. And so i thought "good then, I'll use the 1DS with my 50mm and the flash. The 20D will be my back up camera!" - or so i thought, and off i went to Orchard to meet Nicky to get the cams. On the way to his office, ... in the cab, Nick was explaining to me how to use the cam. There wasn't any juice left in the battery. Confidently he whips out 2 batts from the bag.. .. .. except that the batts are for a different camera. Horror started then. Not only that, I needed 2 tripod - mine was good, and Johan forgot to fix the tripod base plate when he lent it to me.

I'm now left with a battery-less camera, a camera with a cranky lens, a weak battery-ed flash and one usable tripod.

I'm glad i survived it though. Don't ask me how. But thankfully I did. Phew!

On are more thoughtful note, I was just thinking about how everyone loves to judge the people around them except themselves. Guess we as humans love to find the tiny fault with someone else and condemn them for the rest of their lives. Maybe it's self-protection, in fear that someone might chance upon a secret that they have and may be used against them. Maybe by using a scapgoat to amplify their issues, they cover their own. I have probably been guity of being like that before, but then again, what right do we have to judge people around us? And this definately i've been guity of - From someone's outlook, some other's speech, even those who walk too slow on the overhead bridge - I have often uttered a curse under my breath. Well, he who judges, are being judged anyway. Just a thought.


| louis at 03:24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home








My Photo
Name:
Location: singapore, Singapore
friends
alywin
diana
charmaine
norman
ivan
sahila
mimosa
nicky
sharon
val
gracia
Jenn
sel

previously


Morning post
I'm gonna be shooting for the up and coming Baybea...
The Mighty Bayonet
Empty Chairs
the dark side
The dark week
quiet
post mortem
busy week
lazy sunday

archives


June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
April 2008
May 2008

Blogger